The artwork above dated 1790 - 1795 can be viewed in full at the Natural History Museum and is described there as follows:
Artist: Port Jackson Painter.
Reference: Watling Drawing - no. 14
A monochrome view across Sydney Cove from the outside Surgeon-General John White's house on the western shore, with one ship at anchor and another at left in full sail heading eastwards towards the harbour entrance. Both are flying the naval ensign of Queen Anne. Government House and gardens is depicted on the hillside behind, and a hut can be seen at the end of the tree covered promontory of Bennelong Point.
In 1793 the Governor was authorised to make land grants to military officers
Rev. Samuel Marsden appointed Chaplain of New South Wales (not yet arrived)
Arrival of the convict ship Bellona with female convicts and the first free settlers to the colony.
Grant of 100 acres to John Macarthur, the site of Elizabeth Farm House.
Opening of first official Church School in Sydney. Stephen Barnes Headmaster.
Spanish ships Descuvierta and Atrevida commanded by Don Alexandro Malaspina and Don Jose Bustamante anchored at Port Jackson
Arrival of the ship Daedalus, Lieut. Hanson with Maori flax dressers.