George Boyle White was born on 24 August 1802 at Bantry, Cork, Ireland, elder son of Boyle White, R.N., and his wife Honoria, née O'Sullivan. His father, reputedly a cousin of the earl of Bantry, died in 1806 and in 1814 his mother married George Henry Green, paymaster in the 57th Regiment. 
ARRIVAL IN THE COLONY
George Boyle White arrived in New South Wales on the Cawdry in January 1826.
Land he acquired included Mirannie which was a grant to his wife Maria Mudie situated on a tributary of Glendon Brook and Greenwood Estate which consisted of 325 acres purchased by George B. White and Captain George Green c. 1831 and was situated near Singleton.
BRIEF TIMELINE -
1827 - Employed as Assistant Surveyor in New South Wales
1830 - Surveyed Maitland
1830 - Married Maria, the daughter of James Mudie of Castle Forbes
1831 - Accompanied Sir Thomas Mitchell and Heneage Finch on their expedition to the Barwon River
1832 - Surveyed land of the Australian Agricultural Company
1833 - Surveyed Muswellbrook
1834 - Infant daughter died 4 August 1834 at Lochinvar
1835 - Surveyed Raymond Terrace
1838 - Promoted to Surveyor. Hunter River District
1844 - Surveyed Hunter River preparatory to dredging
1844 - Selling by auction 3500 sheep, 1000 cattle, horses, carts, drays, oxen
1844 - 'Greenwood Estate'. To be sold by order of trustees.
1848 - Youngest daughter Maria Larnach White died 3 years 8 months of age at Greenwood , Singleton
1853 - Retired
1876 - Died 25 May 1876.
In June 1844 the Estates of George Boyle White were advertised for auction, 14 lots in all. It was stated that everybody that had ever visited Hunter's River must have heard of Mrs. White's beautiful Greenwood Estate. It consisted of 380 acres and adjoined the Town of Singleton; the most part of it was cleared and fenced and returning yearly rent of 15/- per acre. There was a cottage, office, outbuildings, Vinery, 7 acre garden and an orchard where every variety of fruit was grown in perfection and plenty.
Also for auction was a Church section adjoining Greenwood consisting of 585 acres; a cottage and land at East Maitland; 1280 acres on Miranne Estate, 1000 acres on Miranne estate (this was on a tributary of Glendon Brook; and an 86 acres farm at Lochinvar. Eight hundred head of cattle were running at the Severn under the superintendent of Mr. Hethrington and 300 head of cattle at Miranne Creek together with 50 head of cattle at Greewood. There were 2500 fine woolled sheep, horse stock, household furniture and 250 bushells of wheat also offered for auction.
NOTES AND LINKS
 George Boyle White - Australian Dictionary of Biography Online
 West Cork History
 Parliamentary Papers
 Transcript of the diary of George Boyle White - 1 January - 17 November 1847 State Library NSW