Robert Murray held the license for the Hinton Hotel
in 1840 having recently taken over from William Smith. In 1841 he was proprietor at Wratting Hall
Solomon Levien was granted a license for the Hinton Hotel
in June 1841 and June 1842. 
The Hinton Hotel
property was advertised for sale in February 1842 in four separate lots. The first lot - the Hotel, had 136 feet water frontage at the junction point of the Hunter and Paterson Rivers and was situated between the high road to Abbotsford, Paterson and Clarence town on the south side and the new intended punt road on the north. There were three bed rooms, one large sitting room and three small sitting rooms on the ground floor with a verandah in front. The Upper Floor had four bed rooms and a capacious passage. There was a verandah at the back of the hotel to add to the coolness of the premises. Attached to the hotel were the Tap and Stores and a detached kitchen of good dimensions and convenience. The Back yard was fenced. The property was let to a tenant at 3 or 4 years at £200 per annum. There were also stables, coach house and granary and a detached cottage and smithy. Extensive gardens were on the banks of the river with the boat wharf and fish pond. The Paling fence was high - 7 feet - and close and made the whole property whether separately or together, as compact and complete as possible. 
In March 1842 the Hunter River Gazette noted that a blacksmith's forge had been established at Mr. Levien's Hotel (the Hinton Hotel) for the benefit of the settlers on the Hunter and Paterson Rivers 
JANE AND JOHN JAMES
In 1842 Jane and Captain John James
were innkeepers. James James had previously held the license for the Victoria Inn
. John James died in 1842 aged 45 and Jane James was granted the publican's license in the years 1842 - 1848.
In November 1844 Mrs. James was advertising for a cook and waiter to be employed at the Hotel
The Inn was advertised for sale in December 1846 and was described being on 2 1/2 acres with splendid and extensive premises and magnificent garden grounds which had long excited the admiration of the lovers of natural scenery. There were 10 rooms on the ground floor, 4 sleeping rooms on the second story, a detached kitchen, Laundry, 6 stalled stable, coach house and servants room.
To the inhabitants of the Hunter River district the Hinton Hotel was known as a first rate business premises; the elite of the Hunter, William and Paterson river districts for years past had induced a 'thoroughly respectable connection and contributed to the lucrative and successful business
Former butcher, Charles Bryant
of Hinton took over the Hinton Hotel
from Mrs. James
on 1st July 1848 
In February 1849 Robert Canvin
who had been proprietor of the Hinton Punt between 1845 and 1848, announced he was taking over the Hinton Hotel
and 'most respectfully requested a continuance of those favours conferred on his predecessor Charles Bryant
', pledging himself that his guests would be supplied with the best of Wines and Spirits, excellent ale, good bedding and first rate accommodation combined with attention and civility. 
Robert Canvin was granted the license for the Globe Inn
at Morpeth in April 1854.
James Cox was granted the license for the Hinton Hotel
in April 1854.
WILLIAM C. GARDNER
William C. Gardner was granted the license in 1860 
The Hotel was destroyed by fire in 1860.....
On Monday morning, at about one o'clock, a fire broke out at the Hinton Hotel, and in somewhat less than an hour consumed the greater part of the premises—the whole, in fact of the dwelling-house—leaving only the kitchin which was detached, and the stables, standing. Mr. Gardner's family had retired to rest about an hour, when Mrs. Gardner was awakened by the sound of the bursting of a keg or cask in the bar—a brandy cask, it is believed—and springing out of bed, she saw the bar enveloped in flame.
Mr. Gardner being aroused, ran across the road, in his night-dress to the Farmers' Glory inn opposite, and Mr. Patterson at once came to render what assistance was possible. In this he was seconded by two men staying in the house at the time. Mrs. Gardner meanwhile, with great presence of mind and courage, succeeded in rescuing some articles of dress from the burning ruins. Mr. Soper, who had met with an accident through his horse falling near the punt, on the previous day, and was suffering from a broken collar bone, was in the house at the time. Dr. Getty, had been attending him at about half-past ten, but had left to visit a patient at Narrowgut. Mr. Patterson succeeded in rescuing Mr. Soper, who, in his disabled condition, ran great risk ; and at about this time Dr. Getty, on his way home, saw the conflagration from a distance, and rode quickly to the spot.
By the vigorous exertions of Mr. Richard Maher, Mr. Patterson, Mr. M'Donald, of Phoenix Park, and Dr. Getty, who worked even with the roof on fire over their heads, about £40 worth of furniture was removed to a place of safety. But scarcely more than a quarter of an hour's opportunity for exertion, was available ; and although Mr. Portus, Mr. Shoesmith, and a number of the inhabitants of Morpeth came with all possible speed to lend their aid, the flames had taken too secure a hold upon the dry timber,-for the house was built wholly of wood, with the exception of the chimneys, to admit of any effort to extinguish them. Prompt efforts were nevertheless made to prevent the spread of the fire to the out-butldlngs by pulling down fences and other means of communication; and as there was happily no wind, the destruction was, as before mentioned, confined to the dwelling-house and bar. There, however, it was most complete, for scarcely a vestige of the wood work remains unconsumed ; and only a few piles of bricks, with the still standing chimneys, are to be seen on the ground. The escape of the inmates of the house was but by a hair- breadth, for the flames almost seized upon the sleeping rooms immediately after they were vacated. The house was insured to its full value, and the stock and furniture partly so. Mr. Gardner estimates his loss roughly at £500 ; and his insurances at £400
 Ancestry.com. New South Wales, Australia, Certificates for Publicans' Licences, 1830-1849, 1853-1860
 Hunter River Gazette 26 February 1842
 Hunter River Gazette 19 March 1842
 Maitland Mercury 18 March 1843
& Maitland Mercury 5 December 1846
 Maitland Mercury 1 July1848
 Maitland Mercury 17 February 1849
 Northern Times 18 April 1860
 Maitland Mercury 9 October 1860