Dandrie - district of Liverpool Plains. Station of James Evans
Dano Range - district of Liverpool Plains on the Mooki river 43 miles from Murrurundi. Station of Samuel Clift
Daragen - Aboriginal - Morpeth Swamps (1860s)
Darby Street Cook' Hill - Originally Lake Macquarie Road. Named after A.A. company surveyor Lieut. George Darby of 45th regt., who first laid out town allotments on the Company estate.
Dark Creek - early name for part of Jesmond
Darlington - Parish in Co. Durham. Township adjoining Singleton in parish of Auckland on the Hunter River. Fertile agricultural district. Geographical Encyclopaedia of NSW 1893
Dartbrook - a stream rising on the Liverpool range near Mount Towarra, Co. Brisbane. It runs through the county and flows into the river Hunter. Kamilaroi aboriginal name Coomawidyera. Tributaries Petwynne Valley, Middle and Sharke's Creeks. Geographical Encyclopaedia of NSW 1893
Davies Creek - Co. Brisbane. 209 mils N Sydney. Nearest railway station in 1893 Aberdeen. Geographical Encyclopaedia of NSW 1893
Davis Town - Co. Northumberland. A postal village 61 miles N of Sydney. Geographical Encyclopaedia of NSW 1893
Dawson's Hill - Singleton district
Dawson Street Cooks Hill - named after Robert Dawson, commissioner of A.A. Co.
Deadman's Creek - a small eastern tributary of Black Creek. Geographical Encyclopaedia of NSW 1893
Deard's Farm - Paterson
Deega Estate - Lake Macquarie - A grant to A.W. Scott. Killingworth
Deep Creek - Co. Gloucester. 356 miles N. of Sydney. Geographical Encyclopaedia of NSW 1893
Deep Creek - Flowing into Black Creek near Cessnock
Deep Water - district of New England. Station of Messrs and A. Windeyer
Deepwater Estate - Cockle Creek c. 1884
Deerubbbun River - the native name of the Hawkesbury River
Dellhurst - Singleton district
Delungara - district of Liverpool Plains. Hall's station
Dempsey Island - Island in the Hunter River situated between Ash Island and Moscheto Island
Dempster Island - as above - see Barrallier's 1801 map
Denison Street Hamilton - named after Sir William Thomas Denison, an early Governor of NSW
Denman - After Lord Thomas Denman (1779 - 1854), Lord Chief Justice of England, grandfather of Lord Denman, Governor General of Australia 1911 - 14) Situated Co. Brisbane. Near Wollemi National Park
Dennis's Dog Kennel - Co. Northumberland near the Great North road 78 miles from Sydney. See Dixon's map. Near Mt. Macquoid.
Deptford - Raymond Terrace - named after a suburb of London by William Lowe pioneer ship builder
Derahbambah - (a.n.) - also Punte or Puntei. Land on which Ebenezer was built - Toronto Lake Macquarie
Derraderra - district of Liverpool Plains . William Cox's station
Derridgerie - Rough bushes that grow in creeks (aboriginal meaning)
Derriga - a small stream Co. Durham. Runs into the Myall. Later known as Sugarloaf Creek.
Devil's Backbone - On the Great North Road
Dewey Point - Toronto, Lake Macquarie
Dewrang - High in mountainous country
Diamond Drill Point - opposite South Beach estate in 1931, south of Nords Wharf
Diega Flat - West of Trialba House towards Wallsend. Co. Northumberland. A tract of flat country lying on the NW of Lake Macquarie and on the banks of Cockle Creek. Geographical Encyclopaedia of NSW 1893.
Digby Grove - Quorrobolong. Estate of Achilles Daunt
Dilgoor - Aboriginal name. Junction of Page and Hunter Rivers
Dilgry - Rocky
Dingadee - Good place for game - estate of John Hooke's 4 miles from Dungog
Dinindarine - district of Liverpool Plains on the Manning River. Station of Otto Baldwin
Diniwarindi - Otto Baldwin's run near Manilla. Later known as Durham Court.
Dirra - district of Liverpool Plains. O'Neil's station
Dobell Park - Wangi in honor of Sir William Dobell, artist
Dockyard - name given to part of Millers forest where John Korff's shipyard was situated
Doggrel Creek - Flows into the Williams River
Doghole Farm - Close to Minmi, part of James Muir's land
Donnybrook - Estate of Beresford Hudson near Mount Elizabeth several miles from Lamb's Valley
Donny Brook Inn - near Singleton
Dooreldoorel - a creek situated on Co. Gloucester flowing into the Williams River
Dooribang / Doorabang - Aboriginal name for the Williams River
Doree - Co. Northumberland, a postoffice, 126 miles N of Sydney. Geographical Encyclopaedia of NSW 1893 Doreet - A creek situated in Co. Gloucester flowing into the Williams River
Doribank - Estate on the Williams River. Offered for sale by Archibald McLeod in 1851
Dorigo Creek - small stream flowing into the Myall river (Teggs:1842)
Dory (Dora) A creek in Co. Northumberland on which stands the town of Newport. Flows into Lake Macquarie. (aboriginal meaning Doree Doree meant a creek running to the lake). Also known as Nekinda; also Dorri Brook. 81 miles N of Sydney.
Doughboy Hollow - district of Liverpool Plains 5 miles from Murrurundi; the station of Dr. Gill
Dowadee Island - Port Stephens (1826)
Dowling's Range - near Hungry Flat (see Dixon's map). Co. Northumberland - a part of the Hunter Range lying between Snodgrass Valley on the S and McDonald's Flat on the N. Geographical Encyclopaedia of NSW 1893
Dungee - Situated in district of McLeay on Dungee Creek. Station of Alexander Gammack
Dungog - Clear hills (aboriginal meaning). Tunkok (aboriginal name). Gringai tribe. Situated Co. Durham on the Williams River.
Dungowan - district of Liverpool Plains. Run belonging to Isaac Haig, also Hamilton's station. 16 miles from Tamworth
Duninald - Estate belonging to William Dun - Paterson River
Dun's Creek - near Duninald
Dunmore - Named by Andrew Lang, the original grantee in 1822, after his mother's maiden name - Paterson
Dunmore House - Situated on the estate of Dunmore
Dunolly - Singleton district
Dunvegan Estate - Upper Paterson
Dural - district of Liverpool Plains. Station of John Wild
Durham - County of NSW. Towns include Paterson, Muswellbrook, Seaham, Clarencetown, Dungog, Hinton, Gresford, Merton and Camberwell.
Duri - Estate at Broke
Dyrring - Parish in the Co. of Durham bounded on the W. by Brought; E. by Mirannie; and S. by Sedgefield. In this parish is situated Mount Dyrring, a peak of the Mount Royal Range under which is Fallbrook