In 1831 James White took possession of his primary grant of 1,280 acres at the Junction of the Isis and Pages Rivers naming it Broomfield.
The grant was five miles distant from H. C. Sempill's grant of 2560 known as Belltrees which was later acquired by the White family.
Broomfield was managed by James White's brother Edward White who died in 1850. Sarah White, widow of James continued in residence at Broomfield from 1850.
NOTES AND LINKS:
See Horsemen of the First Frontier (1788-1900) and the Serpent's Legacy By Keith Robert Binney for an account of the White family.