Map of Parishes in the County
(Peter Cunningham, William Ogilvie, Charles
Cameron, William Bell Carlise, George Forbes, John
Blaxland, Crawford Logan Brown, S. Irving, Thomas Horton
James, J.M. Davis, Francis Forbes, Henry Dumaresq) »
2. Map of (James) King's Grant....
(Williams River, Hunter
River, Raymond Terrace - Pennington, Hood, Henderson,
Windeyer, Graham, Siddon)»»
3. 1857 Plan showing the extent to which the
lowlands on the River Hunter: and
its tributaries between Oakhampton and Hexham were
submerged by the great flood of August 1857.»»
4. Map of area
adjacent to Hunter River above Maitland....
Gosforth, Middlehope, Hunter River, T.M.W. Winder, Vicars
Jacob, R.C. Pritchett, Beresford Hudson, Henry Hawes,
George Cobb, Dr. Rutherford, William Hicks, James Reid,
Timothy Nowlan, H.D. Owen, W Wilkinson, William Innes) »»
5. Map of Properties adjacent to the Hunter
(R.C. Dillon, Francis Eagar, R. Kelly, James
Smith, W. Hickey, James McClymont)»»
6. Map of Properties adjacent to the Hunter River...
Hinton, Ahalton, Parker, Smith, Hindson, Eagar, Kelly, Hickey,
7. Carmichael, Henry. Sketch of
admeasurement : with the view of ascertaining the true
boundary lines of certain farms on Hunter River 1850......
Parker, Webber, Smith, Hindson, Eagar, Dillon, Kelly,
8. Sketch of Forbes Town, Parish of Brougham on Hunter
(Parratt, Quinnell, George Forbes, James Atkinson) »»
9. Plan of Oaklands adjoining Tomago Estate »»
10. Farley near Maitland : the
estate of Captain Hungerford arranged into suburban
(Fishery and Wallis Creeks, Dagworth, T.V.
Blomfield, Veteran's grants, R. Hungerford, W. Radford,
W.C. Wentworth, E.D. Day, David Maziere, G. Hawker) »»
11. Map of sundry allotments in the town of West
the property of J. Weller 1840.»»
12. Plan for Mitchell's Ford over Hunter
River. 1840 - 1849.....
(Nowland, Innes, Leitrim, Oakhampton,
13. Plan of Ravensfield estate /
divided into 24 allotments 1850 - 1857. »»
14. Plan of properties adjoining Fal
Brook, Parish of Vane. 1833.....
15. Plan of properties adjoining Fal
Brook, Parish of Vane. 1833....
(E. Cullen, D. Kennedy,
Edward Alcorn, Henry Snell, D. Poland) »»Online
16. Plan of part of the estate of
Oswald, Hunter River 1847.
(Hunter River, Luskintyre,
W.C. Wentworth, J.T. Hughes, Lochinvar, Harper's Hill,
Windermere, Duguid) »»
17. Plan of Osterley, Hunters River .
18. Plan of Newcastle and Port Hunter.
1840 - 1849.
(Platt's Channel, Throsby's Creek, A.B. Sparke,
A.W. Scott, Salt Works, Maitland to Newcastle Road) »»
19. Map of the coal properties in the
Newcastle district . 1900 - 1909 »»
20. Plan of Raymond Terrace, N.S.W. 1837.»»
21. Tracing showing position of 640 acres
: applied for to purchase by Mr Michael Cunnean in County
(Goorangoola, Camberwell, Vane, Fallbrook,
Robert Lethbridge, Captain W. Russell, J. Brabyn, J.B.
22. Plan of area between Paterson, Hunter
and Williams Rivers, N.S.W. 1830 - 1839
Barford, Houghton, Uffington, Seaham, Eldon, Thornton,
Wilmott, Horton, Butterwick) »»
23. Detail plan of part of area between
Paterson, Hunter and William's Rivers, N.S.W 1830 - 1839.
(Butterwick, Seaham, Hinton, Ahalton Farm, Magner, Hindson,
Eales, Capel, Eagar, Hickey,Warren, Scott, McClymont,
Major Sullivan). »»
24. Map of allotments adjacent to William
(Seaham, Dixon, Torrence, Still, Fisher.)»»
25. Tracing from sketch showing Hugh
Torrens 2000 Acres in the
parishes of Seaham and Butterwick, and Andrew Dixons 1600
acres in the parish of Seaham »»
26. Plan of land sold to D.F. Forbes and
John Hooke, on Williams River. 1836.
27. Tracing from survey of farms,
Williams River. 1836
(Alexander Warren, Walter Scott,
Sarah Supton Still, A. Fisher) »»
28. William [i.e. Williams] River
at Seaham and under 1831.
(P. Sinclair, Adam Smith,
D. Sinclair, D. McLeod, Alexander Warren, J. Newton)»»
29. Tracing showing position of 1180 ac.
at Wallarobba, Durham
(John McDonald, Baxter, Chapman »»
30. Tracing showing properties adjacent
to Williams River 1833.
(William Foster, Charles Windeyer,
James Dowling, Miss. A.M. Windeyer, Mrs. Thompson) »»
31. Tracing showing properties adjacent
to Williams River : 27th Oct. 1836
showing 100 ac. of land in the
Parish of Uffington : Co. of
Durham, applied for by W. Reynolds 1840
Fisher, Binder, Thompson)»» Online
33. Sketch showing the measurement of
Clarence Town : and three farms in
the Parish of Uffington, Co. of Durham. 1832.
Francis Allman, Reynolds, Binder, Whitmore, Lowe &
Marshall, Clarencetown) »»
34. Tracing of sketch
showing the hundred
and forty acres : ...in the Parish
of King, Co. Gloucester.
(James King, Newton, James Gill). »»
35. Plan of 640 acres of land adjacent to
the town of Dungog / Henry
36. Village of Paterson, Parish of
Houghton, Durham 1849»»Online
37. Sketch of village of Paterson, N.S.W.,
showing outlet roads.
(William Henry Chapman, William
Lawson. Public Landing Place) »»
showing a portion of ground in
the Parish of Houghton 1833 -
( J.H. Boughton, Mrs. S. Ward, E.G. Cory) »»Online
39. Tracing of land between Paterson and Allyn Rivers, N.S.W.
(Francis Blower Gibbes, Charles
Boydell, George Townsend, Hugh Frazer, John McIntryre) »»Online
40. Tracing showing the property of James
Dunlop, in the County of Brisbane.
(George Blaxland, J.B.
Bettington, James Dunlop, Robert Campbell, A.K. McKenzie,
41. Plan of 30 acres of land at Long
Bight Swamp, County of Gloucester
1852. (William Russell, William Barber)»»Online
42. Cross, Joseph. Map of the River
Hunter, and its branches : showing
the Lands reserved thereon for Church purposes, the
Locations made to Settlers, and the Settlement and part of
the Lands of the Australian Agricultural Company at Port
Stephens together with the Station of the Mission to the
Aborigines belonging to the London Missionary Society on
Lake Macquarie, New South Wales 1828. »»
43. Durham County Maps - Discover Collections - State
Library NSW -
This 1843 map of Durham County shows the various land
grants and purchases in the area at the time. It was
compiled for Baker's Australian county atlas: dedicated by
the publisher to Sir T.L. Mitchell ... showing the various
parishes, townships, grants, purchases and unlocated
Lake Macquarie Map - Lake Macquarie History site
Lake Macquarie: Parish of Awaba, County of
Northumberland, Shire of Lake Macquarie. Parish map in 4
sheets and reference sheet: South East Sheet
45. Map of the River Hunter
- Map of the River Hunter, and its branches : shewing the
Lands reserved thereon for Church purposes, the Locations
made to Settlers, and the Settlement and part of the Lands
of the Australian Agricultural Company at Port Stephens
together with the Station of the Mission to the Aborigines
belonging to the London Missionary Society on Lake
Macquarie - National Library of Australia (Henry Dangar's
1828 Map) »»
1801 Map - Hunter River -
Hunter Living Histories »»
Robert Dixon's Map of New South Wales c.
1837. National Library of Australia »»
Sir Thomas Livingstone Mitchell
Crossing the Liverpool Ranges
Hunter Valley Place Names
Settlers & Estates