Hunter Valley Inns and Hotels
Newington Butts Inn
On the road to Maitland from Singleton, George Miller, in 1847, opened a new public house at Newington, known as the Newington Butts Inn. Race meetings were fequently held at the rear of the house and usually wound up with a Ball at the Inn.
He placed the following advertisement in the Maitland Mercury: George Miller in returning thanks to the up country settlers graziers and the public in general for the patronage and support they have extended towards him during the time his accommodation paddocks have been established begs further to inform them that on and after the 1st July next he intends opening the house thereon under the sign of the Newington Butts Inn, when every exertion on his part will be used in catering for the comfort of travellers and the greatest care in the selection of superior wines spirits and malt liquors; together with a plentiful supply of forage for horses GM would beg further to intimate that he has reduced his charged to the following low rate of prices Horses in the paddock 2d per night Working bullocks paddock 1 1/2d per night Fat Bullocks 1d per night A good stand for an entire during the season and well watered paddocks for mares.
Following the death of his young wife Mary Anne who died after a long and painful illness leaving a family of six children in February 1849, George Miller is said to have closed this house. 
There was still an Inn known as the Newington Butts in November 1850 when Rev. John Dunmore Lang paid a visit to Singleton. Rev. Lang met some of the Singleton inhabitants at the Newington Butts about four miles from the township, when, after partaking of a slight refreshment, he was escorted into Singleton.
David Falkner was granted a license for the Newington Butts situated on the Maitland Road in December 1850.
THE WHITE CONDUIT HOUSE / DONNYBROOK FAIR
In September 1849 George Miller had the license for the Newington Butts transferred to Larnach's Flat where he opened another Inn under the name of the White Conduit House. 
The White Conduit House was formerly known as the Donnybrook Fair.
 Maitland Mercury 21 February 1849 .
 Maitland Mercury 13 November 1850
 Singleton Argus (NSW : 1880 - 1954) Sat 26 May 1928