Walter Rotton held the license for the Freemasons' Arms situated in High Street in 1832.
In August 1836 the premises 'lately known as the Freemasons
Arms' were offered for sale in two lots.
The premises at this
time consisted of a large shop front 30 x 16 with a room equal
size above with a private entrance to the dwelling house of six
rooms, a stable large enough for eight horses with a loft for
grain and gardens.
The name of this hotel was changed to
the Queens Arms
in 1838, about the time James Young took over the license. James
Young had previously been Chief Constable at Maitland
When the Queens Arms was advertised for sale in 1848,
James Young had held the license for 10 years.
Rotton was granted the license for the
Forbes Inn at Singleton
in 1847. He left for the California Gold Fields in 1849