The Globe Inn was situated in Swan-street, Morpeth adjoining the Steam Companies' extensive wharves and close to the Railway Terminus. The Inn was closed in 1871 and renovated to provide living quarters for the station-master. It was demolished in 1888 to make way for the Morpeth Railway Station
Michael Foard of the Globe Inn died in November 1842 after a long and painful illness. His widow Elizabeth Foard was granted the publican's licence for the Inn in 1843, 1844 and 1845.
Elizabeth Foard was seriously injured early in 1843 when the gig she was driving was overturned down a hill near Mr. McCurdy's offices. She was thrown from the gig and being unable to walk was carried into on the neighbouring houses. 
When she died in 1845 aged 39, the licence for the Globe Inn was taken out by William Thomas Brazil 
William Thomas Brazill
William Brazill ran the Inn for some time on the agreement to pay Henry Fisher a weekly rent of £2. Fisher was administrator in the estate of Elizabeth Foard and when Brazill failed to pay the rent Fisher took out a warrant to have Brazill evicted from the premises. The warrant was issued in June 1848.
The Globe Inn was advertised for sale in February 1849. It had been recently thoroughly repaired and painted. There was an extensive bar, two parlours, tap room, travellers' room, six bedrooms servants, room 4 stall stable and out houses; there was a good cellar and a large enclosed yard. The property adjoined the Hunter River Steam Navigation Company's wharf and was considered in an excellent position for business commanding a trade that could not help but make a fortune. 
Joseph Swales was refused a publican's licence for The Steamship Inn formerly the Globe Inn in December 1849.
Robert Canvin took over the Inn in 1852.  He was granted the licence in 1853 - 1858. The Globe was a popular venue for election meetings during these years, often with more than a hundred people attending
In November 1859 he announced his intention to leave Morpeth, although he retained ownership of the land on which the premises of the Inn were situated.  When he died in July 1863, his funeral departed from 'his late residence, the Globe Inn''
Andrew Wantley Thomas
Andrew Wantley Thomas was granted the licence in December 1859 and 1860
In March 1861 an announcement in the Government Gazette revealed that the Maitland and Morpeth Railway Company was to petition the Legislative Assembly to introduce a Private Bill to incorporate the Company to construct a line of Railway from Morpeth to the Great Northern Railway at East Maitland. This railway would pass through the land belonging to Robert Canvin on which the Globe Inn was erected
In July 1861 the Inn was advertised to be let
John Kernan was granted the licence in September 1861, 1862. 1863
Tenders were called for building a coach house, stable and water closet as well as other repairs - plastering, painting and wall paper hanging in September 1862.
In July 1866 the Kernans decided, because of ill health to relinquish their business and the furniture and other items at the Inn including a tank of the very best water which even in drought had never been expended 
An application by Wallace Gordon to transfer the licence from John Kernan to himself in October 1866 was refused by the Bench on the grounds that Gordon was an unmarried man
In January 1867 the licence was transferred from John Kernan to Francis Lynch who had previously held the licence of the Traveller's Rest at Limeburner's Creek.
A grand ball was held at the Inn on the night of the Queen's Birthday in May 1867. A marquee was erected on the premises of Mr. J. G. White, opposite the hotel and a good band was promised.
The Inn was damaged in an earthquake in 1868. Cracks in the walls that had previously been repaired opened up again.
The old Inn was purchased by the Railway Department around 1870. In May 1871 tenders were called by the Department of Public works for repairs and alterations of the house known as the "Old Globe Inn". It was to be made fit for the residence of the railway station-master. The Maitland Mercury reported on the progress in September 1871....The old Globe Inn, familiar for many years to Sydney visitors, ere the days of railways, and in the "good old times" which really were better than the present, is under the hands of the builder, and is to be transformed into a residence for the railway station-master. It is not to be rebuilt exactly, but we noticed that the rear wall and a portion of the front wall had been removed; so that a very complete renovation is to take place. 
In November 1888 the Newcastle Herald reported on the last days of the old building....The station master's residence in Morpeth, formerly the Globe Inn, is in course of demolition for the purpose of having a station built on the site. The house is one of the oldest in the town and for some years the walls have been supported by props.