Henry Rae arrived as a free passenger on the Skelton in 1823 with his wife Joan/Jane and sons William and James. Other passengers on the Skelton included Andrew Dickson, David Maziere, James Reid and John Stronach.
Land GrantHe was granted 560 acres in two portions in the Parish of Hexham on 27 May 1825 and 12 November 1825.
He sold this land in 1827 to Edward Sparke. Adjoining land originally granted to Kerry Lyne, James Cracknell and William Mayberry was purchased by Edward Sparke's son John Sparke, the whole of which later became the farm known as Wybah or Wyeharbour.
MaitlandHenry Rae later moved to Maitland where he worked as a saddler and was an active member of the community.
DeathHe died in at his residence in Swan St. Morpeth in May 1859 aged 74 years and was buried in the Hiland Crescent Burial Ground.
References Maitland Mercury 4 June 1859