He purchased a town allotment in Paterson in
February 1837 and was granted a publican's license for the
Paterson Arms Inn in Sussex street Sydney in July 1837.
In May 1840 he was granted the license for an Inn in the
township of Paterson under the sign of Wrattling Hall (1)
A publican's license was granted to Robert Murray for
Wrattling Hall in June 1841(1)
In 1842 John Rawlins
Burgis was granted a publican's license for the Wellington
Inn. (1) Charles Haylock was the proprietor of the
Wellington between the years 1843 and 1847 and then 1853
He advertised his intention to close the
Inn because of ill health on several occasion in the 1840's. In
1846 he advertised the Wellington for sale as he
intended to return to England......
was situated in the centre of the township of Paterson and
commanded the most respectable business in the district. Mr.
Haylock invited those desirous of purchasing the Inn to visit
the premises as he was confident that personal inspection would
be the best recommendation. Immediate possession would be given
and the furniture and fixtures could be taken at a valuation. He
was also selling a cottage with garden and outbuilding situated
on the banks of the Hunter river at Raymond Terrace.
In September 1849 Edward Haylock (brother or son?) 'late of
the Wellington Inn' thanked patrons for their support over the
previous 12 months he had been at the Wellington aand announced that he had taken over the Farmers Glory at
Charles Haylock died at Exeter Cottage Waverley
in March 1876. His wife Ann Brewer Haylock died in April 1876