James Ferguson was granted the licence for the Lochinvar Inn in April 1844 
Patrick F. Campbell
Patrick F. Campbell was granted the licence in June 1847.  He was fined for not having his lamp lighted in May 1847 .
The Lochinvar Inn was advertised for sale in December 1847. It was said to be a two storied, first rate house 8 miles from Maitland, commodious, and with the potential under good management to become the best paying public house in the colony. The rent was £52 per annum .
Patrick Frederick Campbell was again granted a licence in April 1848. His application to transfer licence from the Lochinvar Inn to the Steam Packet Inn at Morpeth was refused by the Bench in December 1848.
An application for a new publicans general licence by George Lonsdale for the Lochinvar Inn was refused by the Bench in December 1848.
In March 1850 a publicans licence for the Red Lion Inn at Lochinvar was transferred from George Lonsdale to Spencer Butler and in March 1851 the licence for the Red Lion was transferred to Mark Turner.
Mark Turner later ran a public house at Boggabri.
The old Inn was still in operation in 1899.
Location of the Inn
Forty years later the old Lochinvar Inn became the basis of a boarding school established by the Sisters of St. Joseph.....It was in 1883 that four pioneer sisters under the leadership of Sister M. Joseph took charge of the Catholic school at Lochinvar where they were accorded an enthusiastic reception and installed in a little cottage near the bridge spanning Lochinvar Creek. The school comprised 40 pupils, who were taught in the church which was the first brick buildling to be erected by Dr. Murray in the diocese. A small boarding school was begun with the purchase and renovation of the old Lochinvar Inn and the erection of a weatherboard building on the adjoining land. These gave way to brick buildings which by 1930 accommodated 150 boards and 200 day pupils. 
 Maitland Mercury 20 April 1844
 Maitland Mercury 12 May 1847
 Maitland Mercury 18 December1847
 Maitland Mercury 19 April 1848
 State Archives NSW; Series: 14401; Item: [4/79, 4/81]; Reel: 5061 Description licence Year: 1847 Source Information Ancestry.com. New South Wales, Australia