Scone - parish situated in Co. Brisbane bounded on the E. by the parish of Macquarie; on the N. by the parish of Melbourne; and on the W. by Dartbrook
Scone - a town situated in county of Brisbane named after a place in Perthshire, Scotland
Scotchies - Natural waterhole at Barnsley
Scott St. Newcastle - Originally Beach st. The slaughter houses of the town were situated at the eastern end. First one by William Nicholson St. Re-named Scott st. after Alexander Walker Scott 
Scott's Flat - Singleton district
Seaham - Village in the county of Durham on the Williams River
Seaham - Parish situated in Co. Durham bounded on the E. by the Williams river; on the S. by the Hunter River; on the W. by Butterwick and on the N. by Uffington
Seal Rocks - Co. Gloucester - a cluster or rocky islets lying of the coast opposite Sugarloaf Point
Secret Bay - early name for Balmoral. Lake Macquarie
Sedgefield - a parish situated in Co. of Durham bounded on the N. by Dyrring; on the S. by the Hunter river; on the W. by Darlington; and on the E. by Marwood. Singleton district
Segenhoe - Estate of Thomas Potter Macqueen - situated in Co. of Brisbane on the banks of the Hunter River. 168 miles from Sydney. Named Segenhoe after the Segenhoe Manor in which T.P. Macqueen was born in Bedfordshire in 1791.
Selwood - Estate of Charles Macquarie, Hunter River
Serpent creek - A stream situated in Co. of Gloucester; flows into the Karuah river
Seven Oaks - Estate on the Paterson River
Shallanah - Mansion in Barker Street Newcastle adjoining Jesmond House. Built by J.R. Hall
Shepherd's Hill - Newcastle. Named by Lieut. Paterson because it resembled sheep grazing hills in England. Known earlier as Sheep Pasture Hills. (aboriginal name Khanterin) . See Barrallier's 1801 map 
Sherwood - situated in Co. of Durham on the Wattle ponds 7 miles from Singleton; estate of Henry Dangar
Shingle splitters Point - Balcolyn, Lake Macquarie. Timber cutters used to make wooden roofing tiles from the casuarina trees that grew here. Sara family
Signal Hill - also known as Allan's Hill and Fort Scratchley - Soldiers camped there in 1878 - Newcastle
Silo Hill - Stroud - Underground silos built there in 1841
Simpson's Mount - Co. Northumberland, a high peak in the parish of Lockyer 9 miles S. of Wollombi
Simpson's Pass - situated in Co. Northumberland on the Great North Road about 72 miles from Sydney
Singleton - After Benjamin Singleton, one of the party that discovered the district on 17 March 1820.Situated at Patrick's Plains in parish of Whittingham, Co. Northumberland on the south bank of the Hunter River
Soldier's Point (Port Stephens) - So named because soldiers were stationed there to intercept runaway convicts on their way from the penal settlement of Port Macquarie to Newcastle. Earlier name Friendship Point
Solodunna - in the district of Liverpool Plains. station of Messrs Smith and Harper
Sophia Creek - Flows into Guangua Creek. Co. Brisbane
Spectacle Island - Small island at the estuary of the Hunter River and east of Moscheto Island . Now part of Kooragang
Spectacle Island - Lake Macquarie
Speer's Point - May be named after William Speer who purchased 1280 acres there in 1870. The aborigines had called the spot Milloba or Biddaba. William Brooks was first granted this land
St. Aubyns - Town situated Co. Brisbane on Dartbrook
St. Clair - Singleton district. Belonged to George Loder of Abbey Green
St. Germans Meadow - near Kingdon Ponds - Dangar's Map 
St. Heliers - Estate of Henry Dumaresq - Upper Hunter near the confluence of Dartbrook (Kamilaroi aboriginal name Boorumbeelah)
St. Heliers Creek - Weeduran
St. Hillier's Brook, Co. Durham, an eastern tributary of the Hunter River falling into it to the N. of Muswellbrook. 
Stanford - a parish situated in Co. Northumberland; bounded on the N. by the parish of Heddon; on the E. by the parish of Stockrington; and W. by Pokolbin. Cessnock district
Stanhope - A parish situated in Co. of Durham bounded on the N. by Tangorin; on the S. by the Hunter River; on the E. by Wolsingham; and on the W. by Marwood. Singleton district
Steele Street, Newcastle - named after James Steele, Colliery Engineer for the A.A. Co. 
Stewarts Brook - flows into the Hunter river near Castle Sempill. (Stewards Brook on Dixon's map )
Stingaree Point - Dora Creek - Peninsula of land on the south bank of Dora Creek.
Stockade - Newcastle - near the Custom House. Known as No. 3 Stockade 1830s. An amusement hall adjoined the Stockade late 1800's.
Stockrington - a parish situated in County of Northumberland; bounded on the N. by the parish of Maitland; on the W. by the parishes of Stanford and Heddon; and on the E. by the parish of Hexham. Cessnock district
Stockton - Town situated in parish of Stockton, co. of Gloucester opposite the town of Newcastle. In 1797 named Point Kent by Lieut. Shortland. Also called "Pirates Point" as the result of escaped convicts being shipwrecked on the peninsula in 1800. Burrinbingon or Buringmon, was the Aboriginal name for Stockton meaning a land of plenty with food in abundance.
Stodart Valley - situated in the district of Liverpool plains; watered by one of the tributaries of the Gwydir river.
Stoneybatter - George Hall's run on the Macdonald River
Stony Creek, Co. Northumberland, an eastern tributary of Black Creek crossing the Maitland and Wollombi Road at Bishops Bridge.
Strathearn - parish situated in Co. of Brisbane bounded on the E. by Dartbrook; on the S. by Ellis
Strathilsa Estate - Paterson
Stroud - Village named after a place in Gloucestershire, England by Robert Dawson. Situated on the Karuah river. Headquarters of the A.A. Co in 1848
Strowan - Estate of George Bowman and later Robertson family
Stylesgrove - Named after Henry Styles. Also known as The Big Swamp, Hexham.
Sugar Bay - area on Lake Macquarie where a sugar plantation existed. Brightwaters
Sugarloaf Creek - At its junction with Wollombi brook on the Great North Road in the Co. of Northumberland is 92 miles from Sydney
Sugarloaf Creek - Dungog district. Formerly known as Derriga Creek
Sugarloaf Point - On the coast to the north of Port Stephens and near the north end of Myall lake
Sugarloaf - Mount Sugarloaf, also known as Great Sugar Loaf, is a mountain in the lower Hunter Region overlooking the cities of Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Cessnock and Maitland. Early name for Watagan Mountains
Sugeebag - a branch of Mangrove Creek, Co. Northumberland
Summerhill - Near Wallsend and Plattsburg. Subdivision of J.W. Brook's estate
Summer Hill - Grant to Edward Kealy - Paterson River
Summer Hill Station - neary Wearys Creek - John Single
Susan Gilmore Beach - Newcastle - named for the Susan Gilmore which was wrecked there in 1884
Swamp Creek - flowing into Fishery Creek near Maitland
Swamp Oak - In the district of Liverpool Plains on Swamp-oak creek 70 miles from Murrurundi. Station of Peter Brodie.
Swan Reach - A reach about 1 km long on the Hunter River. Located about 4 km downstream from the junction of Paterson River with Hunter River.
Swansea - After the seaport of that name in Wales by Captain R.H. Talbot one of the pioneers of the shipbuilding trade there who fancied that he perceived some resemblance to the Welsh coal port
Sweetman's Creek - Wollombi - named after William Sweetman, a settler there.